Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 126: Missing the fam

January 30, 2011

Busy weekend for Fraser. He didn't have to go in to work but did work a lot from home. At least we got to see his face and feel his presence. He and Jacob hung out this am. All that I've read and heard about daddy issues at this age say to make special time for the two of them without mom and just keep at it. It's a (horrible) stage that will eventually pass. 

The rest of the day was more mom-centric, but I can tell a difference on the days Fraser gets up with him. He's more mellow about Dad, let's him do more things, isn't SO clingy. Still mommy needy but slightly less. Same thing happened when Fraser and I spent our night out, and Jacob stayed with Mimi and Pop. They got so much closer and the clingy-ness diminished. (Even now, he talks about them a lot and wants me to call them on his phone. It's adorable how he really believes I'm talking to them. Naivete... what a wonderful state... for awhile.) Wonderful. It is such an honour to be his object of affection. And when he gives someone else a bit of love, I love it too.

My homeys
More pictures today. I'm making progress but it's a bit slow going at times. I found out that I hadn't put any pictures on Snapfish from my trip to MI last July. Yeah, that was a lot of pictures. Looking at them was fun, though. There were pictures that just made me laugh out loud (I've kept some out due to inappropriate content). I love my family. They're crazy, no doubt. But I love them so much, craziness and all. I just choose to stay out of some of the craziness at this point. I'm very excited to be visiting in March.

The famed whiskey shot into the fire by Pops - at the new house
Had to listen to some Neil tonight. Missing my family can inspire that although it's not the only thing that does. Best American songwriter of all time after all. Jacob and I played dominoes (a new favourite game), blocks, Scrabble and Monopoly while listening. He's very into games these days. Just likes to play with the pieces, sometimes try to move some spaces. Very funny. When playing with the blocks, he has this wooden giraffe from the train set and he always says, "Looks tired. Giraffe looks tired. Take a nap." He finds a nice wooden block and lays the giraffe down. I don't think I'll ask him how I look. Hahaha...



No comments:

Post a Comment