Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 120

January 24, 2011

Jacob has the sniffles. A congested nose. Bummer. All regular plans out the window. At least he's still in decent spirits. We went over to the "marble store" a.k.a toy store. Played there for a bit. Came home and he scarfed down some chicken soup with carrots (okay, it was Ramen with carrots). Then we entered the craft realm again. We're finishing up some Valentine's cards. We got some glitter glue at Michael's yesterday (hot pink, Jacob's choice), and I was trying to get the thing open. After tugging at the top for awhile, trying to pry it off with scissors, pull it off with my teeth, I finally tried squeezing it. POP! Off came the top as well as some nice glops of hot pink glitter glue. On the floor, the table and the wall. I had to laugh. It was pretty funny. Jacob didn't quite know what to make of it himself. After the cleanup, he has his shot at it which turned out to be much neater than Mom's. 

Talked to my gran this afternoon. She's up in Montana visiting little Charlie. She sounded absolutely delighted, happy, exuberant, youthful. It was adorable. She said he's a good little baby thus far. Likes being held, eats "like a rancher" and is on a good sleeping pattern. 

Felt a bit like a long afternoon even though Fraser got home "early" at 6. We were inside a lot today and he's been needy. It's just a lot after a long day of doing it. But bath time was really fun, as usual. He just loves playing in there. It's fun to watch him swim around and play with his toys. 


Random Jacobism:
He'll say "mm-hm" at the end of statements (like I do, I guess) when something is true. Example: "Gacob put olives on pizza, mm-hm". "Ga-cob eat that, mm-hm".


Always makes me aware of the things I do and I say. 
Did I mention yet how he tells the cat to "Get off! Get off Shilo kitty". Or he'll say, "knock it off" while smacking his hand down. Yes, very.... interesting. What a great mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment