Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 117

January 21, 2011

Okay, writing two days past this date which is never good for the memory. Well, it's probably good for my memory to exercise but not good for remembering what actually happened. 

The whole family went to the gym in the evening for a family night. They had some different games and crafts for the kids, including a bounce house. Jacob and I were both excited about that part. We got there right when the event started and got into the (short) line for the bounce house. Got to the entrance, he wouldn't go in. Granted, there were a bunch of older kids in there and it looked a bit intimidating. So, we played with other things: he built a tower out of cones, we made a Valentine craft. Then we asked to go in the bouncy castle again. Of course the line now was quite long. But we waited. It was probably only 12 minutes or so but felt like much longer especially with bratty kids in front of us and others trying to cut. Drives me up a wall. There was not much structure to the whole thing. We finally made it, though, and Jacob did go in. I let him jump for a bit (shoulda let him do it longer) and then told him it was time to get out. He was so sad. He cried. It was really sad. I would've loved to let him go on again but not with that line. My blood pressure was high enough at that point. I'm glad he went on but sad to witness one of those disappointments in life for my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment