Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 106

January 10, 2011

Tired this am. Some sun poking through though. Made it the gym, but barely. Feeling totally unmotivated. Thought of my trip there as more mental exercise than physical. Must get out of house now. Must do something physical. Last week was such a bum week for the gym, having to be home for a few random things. It was good to go.

Got a couple errands in before lunch and nap. Aaaah... nap time. I was totally out today. I've been trying to be more ambitious these days and get some things done during his naps. But today was not going to happen like that. I felt much better this pm. 

Jacob woke from his nap. I went in, got him out of the crib and held him in the rocking chair. He fell asleep on me again for probably 15 minutes or so. It's been awhile since that's happened. I just held him and took it all in. His (not so little) little body curled on my lap, head on my shoulder, hand down my shirt. He was sucking his thumb but would occasionally make a little cooing/sighing noise. I just breathed in his sweet baby smell. A nice, quiet moment.

Fraser went out to a bar with some guys from work to watch football (I think). Yes. Go make some friends. 

I tried to give Jacob a little hair trim in the bath tonight. It's always a crapshoot on how those'll turn out. He wiggles constantly. But he was starting to get quite shaggy again. I don't mind some shag but there's a point, even for this treehugger, when I need to bust out the scissors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment