Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 119

January 23, 2011

Relaxing day. Laundry. Jacob and I went to Michael's to get some more craft stuff. Jacob has been totally into crafts these days ("Craft. Now. Ga-cob do craft now."). I'm trying to something else fun for me today. Don't know if I'll get to more quilting stuff or if I'll settle on organizing pictures. Snapfish has free shipping now until Feb 2nd so it's the perfect time to get current on my pictures! 

Did work on pictures during naptime. Good memories of hanging out with family. Jacob looking so little and with such little hair. 

He woke up from his nap after only 45 minutes, from a dream, I think. I went in there and picked him up, rocked him for awhile. I asked him if he'd had a dream, a picture in his head, that woke him up. I told him sometimes we see things in our heads while we're sleeping. Sometimes they're good, sometimes not. And sometimes they wake us up. After another minute I asked if he wanted to go back to bed and try to sleep some more. He actually said yes and did go back to sleep. That was the amazing part. 


Otherwise, good Sunday. Good in part because we are SO close to being done with football!! Go Packers. Just end this nightmare, please. There is really nothing I can think of that's comparable that I like to do, that takes up entire afternoons and evenings on weekends and during the week sometimes. No, Fraser doesn't watch as much as many guys. It's still time when he gets to go off and remain, mostly, unbothered for hours. That's one of the biggest parts that irk me. If I could get that equivalent time to craft or write or.... whatever by myself, I would say good, even trade. As it is, being a mom is a full-time job, no weekends for us. No weekends, no holidays, no overtime pay or bonuses. We have the most important job in the world with rewards that are not quantifiable. The rewards are wonderful, don't get me wrong. It still remains a constant job that demands every aspect of your being. Occasionally, I'd like a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment