Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 127: A 4 dill pickle day

January 31, 2011

Headed to OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) for the monthly mom/kids gathering. It turned out to be a small group, just three of us moms and our boys. Both women I really like, and it was nice to get some more intimate time with them. We talked about daddy issues. Pretty common, it seems. One mom, Tiffany, has the same thing going on. We brainstormed some ideas and got some frustrations out as well. Always good to feel you're not the only dealing with an issue. More special time with Daddy is the verdict as well as try not to take it personally and it's a phase.

After naptime, we had our snack/second lunch. Bagel with spinach and turkey. He wanted spinach because I did but didn't care for it once he tried to eat it. However, he did ask for a pickle. Then another. And another. And another! He wanted more but there were no more left. Haha!

Tonight I went to the first book club meeting where we were actually talking about our book, Half Broke Horses. Good book. Better meeting. So fun. I had such a good time. These ladies are very fun, welcoming, we can talk about lots of things. I didn't think twice about Jacob's evening after I was off, I was so distracted. What a breath of fresh air. It's like I never get out of the house or something. Definitely something I miss. I'm so happy to be part of the group!

No comments:

Post a Comment