Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 107

January 11, 2011

1/11/11... cool. 
Jacob was up at 5 am today. No idea why. Not happy about it, though. And he was not into going back to sleep. The kids' place at the gym doesn't even open till 8:30. Didn't think I was going to make it. Then I made some strong black tea. Thank goodness for caffeine sometimes. 

Worked out. Sometimes, when I'm working out and my body is doing all the things it can and I'm not looking at it so critically, I can really appreciate how good I have it. Sure, I have the odd complaint, but really, I should give up on that even. There is so much pressure to look a certain way and I look pretty close to it and still, I have the nerve to complain sometimes. Silly. I read a comment in a magazine the other day that was great. The question posed was, what do you wish someone had told you earlier (these were all health and beauty questions). One woman responded, to enjoy my body in my teens, twenties and thirties because I'll get to my forties and wonder why I gave myself such grief. True statement. 

Got the boy. Played some basketball in the gym together. Went swimming. I don't know how he has so much energy but hopefully he'll take a loooooong nap. 

This afternoon was looooooong. Just being tired, at home and Fraser working late. Jacob and I had some moments. But we made it. I was definitely done by the time Jacob was in bed. 

And, we booked a trip for me and Jacob to go back to Michigan in March. Fraser is going to be really busy then because his co-worker will be in India for three weeks. So, we're headed out. I feel somewhat like I'm abandoning Fraser, but he assures me that it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment