Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 121: Terrible Twos?

January 25, 2010

Dealt with the beatermobile this am. A.k.a my Honda Accord. Recently the upper wheel area has been making a grinding/clicking noise, making one feel like something is going to break at any moment. Called the tow truck for it. It does run but this way is safer and putting to use the service that we already have. 

Went sut for a nature walk. Short. Chilly. Ended up at Karen's house. That was a nice break for me. It'd been awhile since we've hung out. Can't say enough how much I appreciate having her nearby.


After a short nap, we ended up outside again. This time we saw some neighbours playing basketball and went over to check it out. Two girls and their mom. They shared one of their little basketballs with Jacob, and he was just beside himself with happiness.

We also saw a biker ride by at one point who then turned around and said, "Jill?" I could not imagine who it was at first even though I recognized the voice. It was a woman from my pilates class who lives nearby.  We chatted for a bit about biking to work and whatnot before she headed on her way. Nice. 
There's actually another young mom who I met at the gym who lives right down the street also. We found that out recently when I couldn't meet her at the gym due to Jacob's cold. Turns out we'll be able to hang out in other ways, very easily. It feels slow going at times but these are the things that make me realize I am making inroads in the area.


The car ordeal turned out not to be as bad as it could've been. We were thinking it was going to be super expensive and more worth it to look into a newer car. Thankfully, this wasn't that time yet. I'm sure it's not far, though.


Fraser got home tonight and, amazingly, I was still motivated to go to the gym. I was gone for an hour and the whole time, Jacob pitched a fit. Crying, yelling, not eating his dinner that I had just made for him. Not fun for anyone, least of all poor Fraser. So many people tell us that this phase will pass too, and in our heads, we know it. But it is so frustrating. We go from having a nice weekend to two days of "Daddy go away", "No Daddy talk" or "Daddy leave". Talk about misery. I don't really know what else to do about it except keep having the two of them hang out together and talk up Daddy when he's not home. Jacob has dropped down to only one nursing every other day so maybe that's part of it. I have no idea. But I hope Fraser makes it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment