Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 114

January 18, 2011

Another awesome morning for sleep - 6:51!! Hallelujah! 

Did a bit of exercising and pool time with Jacob at the gym. He's really liking swimming these days. They even have a lifejacket in his size, so I put that on sometimes and he hangs onto the edge by himself and moves along it. Really cute. 


My T-shirts
Also made it to the fabric store today. I could be in those stores for so long oggling fabrics and buttons and thread and wanting to make all sorts of.... things. Just came out with some fusible interfacing, though, for my quilt project.

One of his favourite songs, as he sings it:
Every night the moon is bright you look up there
Icca bacca boo
Every night the moon is bright you look up there
Icca bacca I love you

Long, but good afternoon. Jacob and I repotted my burrow's tail that got totally thrashed in our car trip. It's such a delicate succulent. There wasn't much I could do for it under the circumstances. So, I dipped the leaves in a rooting compound, planted them in new dirt and am hoping for the best. As much as I love nature, I do not have the green thumb like some of my siblings. My brother, Matt, can grow avocado trees in Michigan. He looks at things and they grow. Julie, Jeff and Matt can grow orchids and get them to rebloom. Julie has her cactus collection that also blooms for her. Me? I kill aloe plants. 


Hmmm... there was something else about the boy, but it has left my mind by this point. My mind is like a sieve; most things run right through it. Of course, they all come back to me when I'm lying in bed awake at 3am. Sometimes I'm tempted to get up then and write. Oh, yes, he's working on undressing himself. Has to do his coat, tries to do his shoes. Is getting the shirt part.


Mushroom! This after a third of a container of grape tomatoes.
He had a good dinner: salmon patty, edamame, carrots, blueberries and almost a whole piece of toast. He's growing, apparently. 


I asked him if he wanted a bath tonight, he said no. I asked several times, still no. Then it was time for bed and of course, "bath now". Sorry, dude. We're not playing that game. Tricky, tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment