Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 141: The other V-day

February 14, 2011

Valentine's Monday. Romantic. I think it should just be automatically switched if the 14th falls on a Monday. Hence celebrating more of it yesterday. 

Dealing with the #&^A#*^ finances over nap time. Pleasant. There are just so many little bits here and there to keep track of: where things go, how much, when. Add to it that's there're two of us doing it and it's just insanely frustrating. I don't like to look at finances every day. But if I let it go even a week, sometimes, it's a total hassle. I need an area that has all the financial crap right there so I can just sit down and deal with it. But let's face it, that probably wouldn't make me do it more often. I don't know the answer. I don't have it yet. If anyone out there has a miraculous system for working the finances that takes minimal effort but still allows you to save money, please let me know.


After that hullabaloo, I read my library book (one of them): Handmade Home by Amanda Blake Soule. She's the one with the blog I'm into. She repurposes lots of old things. Lots of projects I want to try.


Started labeling all my pictures that I ordered. Almost 700 of them. I know, I know. I've paired it down some but not enough. I just love looking at pictures and remembering times. Fraser says I need to accept the digital age and keep them on a hard drive. But there's just something so much more visceral about a photo in your hand. It's like a letter versus an email. We'll see. Maybe someday I'll give in.

No comments:

Post a Comment