Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 140: Out of the house

February 13, 2011

I needed some (read: a lot) of me time today. I'd like to have some quiet time in the house, sewing, listening to music, meditating, writing. But, if that's not an option, we'll do something else. I came to the gym, exercised while catching up on my National Geographics (I'm on May '10), sat in the hot tub for twenty minutes!! Oh, loveliness. And am now catching up on my writing. 

Just needing a mental break. Jacob has been very demanding these days, and although I love the bajeezes out of that kid, I need a little space.

Came back refreshed and ready to hang out with my boys. They had been out and gotten me some flowers and dark chocolate for Valentine's Day. That's the way to my heart, right there. For dinner, first of all, Fraser cooked. That was gift enough practically. He made lamb tips which had been seasoned with rosemary and pepper. Tasty. Green beans and cremini mushrooms and some rice pilaf. Maybe not as elaborate as some Valentine's dinners past, but that didn't matter to me. He also got a nice Oregon pinot noir that paired nicely with dinner and my dark chocolate dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment