Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 128

February 1, 2011

Already the 2nd month of the year. Pretty day today - clear skies, sunshine. I decided we needed to get outside. Headed to the park. Right. Freezing cold. Windy. Sunny, yes, but not one bit of warmth. Jacob didn't seem to mind. At one point, I convinced him to get into the car and have a snack so we could warm up. But he wanted to go back. Ten minutes, I told him. That's all I have in me.


Skyped with the Tepedelen boys. That was great. Trayton and Dylan played their paper guitars for me; guitars made from paper but can be attached to speakers and you can play cords with background tracks. Very fun. Trayton also had a "surprise" for me at one point - a paperclip he'd bent into a heart. "I miss you," he said as he showed it to me. What a sweetheart.

Made some tasty chicken fingers on the fly for dinner. I have not been inspired this week, yet, for dinners. Also had some mushrooms; always a crowd pleaser here. 

It was a good day, though. No huge battles. The one thing that can drive me nuts, though, is the constant asking of a question: Food now, food now, food now, food now, food now. 
I'm making it!!!! I must remember to breathe, find my patient place and respond. Easier said than done. Some days, I apologize quite a bit. Makes me sad. Reminds me that I have a lot to work on. One of the great part of having kids. Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment