Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 153: The house to myself

February 26, 2011

I got to sleep in this morning which is always lovely. I heard the garage door open at some point, so I knew the boys were going out somewhere. I assumed it was the grocery store, the only trip they usually take. 


I got up. Made breakfast. The boys still weren't home. I ate my breakfast - by myself!! It was amazing. Still no boys. I went to look up something on the computer and discovered the OMSI website pulled up. They'd gone to the museum together!!!


Shock. Joy. Disbelief. Amazement. Finally acceptance. Now, what to do with myself?! What did I WANT to do? Many things went through my mind. I could be productive; I could read; I could do a craft; I could run errands. The possibilities were overwhelming. 


In the end, I did nothing "productive", ran no errands. I read some more of my book. I cut out paper to make cards. I talked to my mom. I made a fire. It was fantastic! What a treat. A whole morning to myself in my home. Wow. That this brings such pleasure may sound amusing to some, but probably only those without children.

No comments:

Post a Comment