Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 145: Pictures are back

February 18, 2011

As you all can tell by now, the pictures are back. I gave in and paid for more storage space through this site. It's not much and a lot less hassle than trying to figure out something else. So, for now, problem solved. And much more fun for all of us. Let's face it, pictures are fun.

Our (little) hat from the other day
Jacob and I had an impromptu play date this morning when our friend called up this morning and asked if we wanted to come over. We had no other serious plans so we headed out. Jacob and Preston played very well together while Brandin and I had a chance to have some grown up talk. Good for everyone. 

The president was visiting Fraser's work this morning for a tour and a talk. Sadly, they made everyone in Fraser's work area leave the area for security reasons. Not a very threatening scene there but alas. That's how it's done. How miserable it would be to be the president - in many ways. So, Jacob and I came home to Fraser working from home. Nice surprise. 

I'm at the point of designing my quilt. I'm excited and unsure of how it's going to be. 

 Okay, so laying out the quilt is a little tricky. This was the first attempt which I like except that the edges need some work to be more even.
 Second attempt. This time I started at the edges. This leaves an awkward gap in the middle, and I don't like the layout of the shirts themselves as much. I'll have to try again later. Time for the boy to wake up.


I had my monthly ladies night tonight with my mom's group. We went to see Live Wire which is "one-hour radio variety show recorded in front of a live audience. It’s music, it’s conversation, it’s sketch comedy". They have musicians, authors, interesting people. It was really cool. Very funny. Like Etown, for those of you Boulder followers, but more humour. It was also just nice to get out of the house and hang with some fun ladies.

The theatre was on Alberta street in my favourite Portland neighbourhood (so far). I could just walk up and down all these streets staring at the houses. They just have such great feelings to them. Familiar, comforting, homey, beautiful. Sadly, we could never live so far from Fraser's work. We would never see him. Just eye candy and inspiration then...

No comments:

Post a Comment