Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 139

February 12, 2011

Miserable Saturday morning. Fraser and I stayed up too late watching a (bad) movie. Jacob woke up at 5:30. And Fraser, who was going to go to a kids festival with Jacob, had to go in to work instead. Oh, joy. So, I was exhausted and on my own all morning which is all well and good when that's what I'm expecting. But when there's that lovely idea of having the house to myself for awhile and it's dashed to pieces... that just puts a person in a bad mood. I got Jacob down for a nap, though, at 12:15 and followed myself. Two hours later, I woke up in a much better mood. Lesson learned: 11:30 is too late. It's all about the mental state, and that's a hard thing to change sometimes. 

The afternoon was not much better for Jacob, though, so that goodness I had more patience. He was just irritable all afternoon. One of those days when we can do nothing right, he wants everything the "other" way, tears, fights, struggle. No idea what's going on. Just one of those days. We all have them from time to time. 

Played some Skype family Yahtzee tonight. Good times. Oh, the chaos and craziness. I love it. Fraser hides. Over the computer is a little much for him. Totally fair. I know how to block out the unimportant bits and let the raucous shouting just roll over me, but that many people talking at the same time can be overwhelming, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment