Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 149

February 22, 2011

Good day. Filled with the usual mom things: gym, watching Karen's boy for a bit, stopping by her place to hang out for a bit. So nice to do that. Library in the evening. Mellow day.

Jacob loves the library. He likes to pick out books and just read and read and read. He really enjoys Sandra Boynton books (as do I). Cute, fun and simple. He was laughing out loud for some of them. That kid cracks me up. I do love watching him and being with him. 

I'm reading a book right now, Raising Cain - Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys. Fascinating. Written by a couple of psychologists who work with.... boys and men. They talk about how we explore emotions much more with girls but brush them aside with boys, sometimes unconsciously. I'm only in the beginning but it's very interesting and eye opening. I suggest it to anyone who has a boy in her (or his) life. It's making me more aware in my daily parenting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment