Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 135: The Blogging World

Febraury 8, 2011

Today, I'm feeling much more motivated. It really helps when Jacob sleeps till 6:15! It makes such a huge mental difference, not to mention physical. Didn't actually make it out the door to the grocery store until 10:30, but that's okay. 

It took him awhile to go down for his nap today. He's been fighting it a little bit. There's no way on this green earth that he'll be giving up his nap yet. Absolutely no way. He still sleeps well for them. It's just the stopping playtime that is no fun. I heard him up there banging away for awhile before silence. Went to look at him: no shirt again and one sock off. Hilarious. 

I did a little research, though, on this blogging/picture issue I'm having. Most people who know me know how much I love technology but it seems that there's no avoiding it. So.... I'm trying to get better at it. Well, only some of it. I have found another site that allows unlimited free photos and videos. I don't really want to switch but I really really don't want to pay at this point just to put up more pictures. 


Once I got started on the research, though, it felt a bit exciting. I just threw this blog up with some random background and no cares because this is all just for my friends and family. But there is a whole world and market out there for these things which is..... intimidating, frankly. And overwhelming. So many interesting things on crafting, parenting, gardening, food. Really, it's somewhat painful, because there's a lot of stuff that is interesting to read. But then I get sucked into that and run out of time for my own crafts! Oh, the balancing of all the fun things in life. If only I had a desk job where I could wile away some time on the internet. Alas... 

Reading that last paragraph makes me feel like my mother, fighting against all things current and being so surprised about things that other people have known about for years. Well, I'll just blame that on genetics then.

Spent some lovely time outside in the sunshine this afternoon. It's so fascinating to me to see things blooming here at this time of the year. There are actual blooms, flowers, on some of the plants. Incredible. There are a couple flowers close to the ground on the rhododendron bushes out in front of our house. And some little tiny flowers on some flowering heather. I noticed some little new leaves growing on a rose plant. Amazing. It's February.

No comments:

Post a Comment