Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 137

February 10, 2011

Another sunny day so Jacob and I went to the zoo this morning. I've been wanting to go recently. I like going in the winter or off season months. First, it's quieter. I like it with fewer people. And second, the animals are sometimes more active. Today someone told me that his mother always went to the zoo when it was raining because of that reason. 

There were more people there than I'd expected. It was pretty chilly. But we had a nice time. The sea lions were moving about a bit more in their gigantic tank, the elephants were talking a bit and the leopards were prowling about, one of them being a recent addition.

Thankfully, Jacob fell right to sleep when I put him down for a nap today. I made sure he'd eaten a lot at the zoo, kept him awake in the car, and crossed my fingers. After a little rest for myself, I got up and worked on my quilting. I've started ironing the interfacing to the shirts. This is for stability and more uniform weight when it comes to the sewing. It's exciting. 

Jacob was in great spirits tonight for Fraser. He's just so entertaining sometimes when he gets all lit up. Kind of like Shilo when she darts about the house with her tail all fuzzed up. Jacob just runs back and forth, laughs, shouts, you name it. 

He's been into the story of Goldilocks these days. He particularly likes when the bears come home and Papa bear says things in his big Papa bear voice. When he asks me to tell him the story, he'll imitate me making my voice low and he'll say, "Someone's been sleeping in my bed. Say that." Very cute and funny, his little mouth in an "o" shape and his voice as low as he can make it. 

I've also resigned myself to the fact that my child is just an early riser. That means I just have to go bed early. I can't get sucked into reading or anything else. It's either that or always take a nap when he does or drink more black tea. Which means that at 9:30, it's time to get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment