Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 9: Today

October 3, 2010

Finally caught up. Hopefully most of my posts will not be current day writings.

Grey day today. Cooler. It is October after all. I wondered how the fall would be here. So far pretty lame. The leaves seem to turn a slight colour or just brown and then fall off. Not like the vivid oranges and reds from the Midwest which I miss or the striking yellows from Colorado. But it's fall nonetheless, my favourite season. I am excited to find some pumpkin patches and corn mazes to check out this month. Maybe some apple picking or something. 

Finally took a few pictures of the house for those of you asking for that. Probably been avoiding it because it depresses me slightly. The garage extends a little bit to the left in this picture but this is pretty much it. And this is pretty much what every single house looks like in our neighbourhood. While I was taking pictures, though, our friendly brownie-giving neighbour waved to me from her car. That was nice. 



 This is the coziest area. The kitchen opens into a living room which is nice. Behind me in this picture is a long room that you enter when you come in the front door. There's a dining area at one end and a living space in the rest that we're not sure what to do with yet.


 All boxes still to the right. Maybe we'll just keep them there as furniture. Set some up like a couch, which we don't have one of. New age. Modern look.










 Best part of the house in my opinion - nice long deck backing up to a green space. Bike trail goes along there. Park a very short distance away. 

 And my personal favourite, our very own, very good, washer and dryer. After having absolute pieces of crap in Boulder and not having ones provided, we went for gold. Definitely a bit pricey. Moving makes you hemorrhage money. But we'll be set for many long years and loads of dirty diapers. Whoohoo!

Also got a gym membership for me today. Very nice gym very close by. Daycare for Jacob. Sweet. Time to workout, go in the hot tub or just write. Very, very helpful. I'm excited about this part. 

Fraser is looking forward to work tomorrow and feels a little weird, it being his first day and having been off for three weeks. I hope it goes well and that he likes what he's going to be doing. Likes what we moved here for. Otherwise, life will be challenging for awhile. I think it'll be fine. I don't doubt that we came here for a reason. I don't think we've made a bad decision or a wrong one. It felt right to both of us to do this and I trust that feeling. It doesn't feel great right now, no. We're new, we've moved to a place that is not what we're used to or what we enjoy in general, we have no friends yet. But, it's a journey to what we're supposed to be doing with our lives. That's oftentimes not easy but that doesn't mean it's not right. Wow, too many negatives in that last sentence. Point is, I think we'll be fine. More than fine. Eventually. And we're here together which, really, is the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment