Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 22

October 16, 2010

My grandma's 93rd (I think) birthday today. Jacob and I made a card the other day to send. She has seemed ageless to me for a long time now. In good health, good mind, says she has a little arthritis in one ankle. If we could all be so fortunate. 


Meanwhile, my hip knee are still causing me issues. I guess there's no time like the present to find a new doctor. 

I did get a bunch of box looking through. Not much unpacking really. I looked at books, mostly. We have a lot of books. Took a few out to give away but most of them we'll repack and not deal with until we plan on being somewhere longer. Fraser just has to look through them to pick out any he doesn't want to keep and then that's a bunch of boxes we can get out of our front room. 


After some nice naps by Fraser and the boy and some long errands by Mimi and Pop, we headed for the beach. A little colder than the last time we were there, but still, very beautiful. 








 Seeing people bundled up in down jackets and hats was definitely a different beach experience than we normally have but lots of people there still: flying kites, walking dogs, even playing on the edge of the water. 





Cannon Beach was great. Then we went north a little ways to Seaside. Cannon Beach is much more upscale and cutesy whereas Seaside seems a bit more... Coney Island. 170 flavors at the saltwater taffy outlet store and video arcades. But we stopped at a nice little restaurant, Norma's, for dinner. The clam chowder was delicious as well as the Dungeness crab and local sole. Jacob liked his fish and chips too. 

There was a beautiful sunset as we drove back home over the coastal range. Very nice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment