Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 28

October 22, 2010


Mimi and Pop went to a winery up past Salem today: Evesham Wood Winery. One of Cynda's old grade school acquaintances. Too long and in the middle of naptime for me and Jacob to go but I'm excited to hear about it later and see pictures. 


I've made an appointment for my hip. We'll find out what's going on in there and hopefully, it's not horrible. 


Jacob has picked up phrase from me, "Blah, blah, blah", and likes to say it to himself or sing it around the house. Really funny. Also, when you ask him a question and get an affirmative response, he always whispers the word, "yes". I don't know why but it's hilarious. And just as of yesterday he started saying, "muffin" instead of just "muff". 

Went to the doctor in the pm. It's pretty much all physical therapy. So, the lady looked at my body and my walk and felt me up for alignment. She told me about a couple places in my body that aren't in the most proper order and gave me some stretches and exercises to do for a week. Hopefully, these things will help to straighten me out and take away my pains. Ah, to be thirty. This is just the beginning of the maintenance. It makes me want to strengthen my body, though, and get it in better shape.


Jacob was great at the doctor's. Of course it was hard for him to hold still while she checked me out. He wanted to use me as a jungle gym the whole time. The whole appointment was an hour. For an almost two year old, he was fantastic.


We headed home, stopping at a local farm stand on the way. Everything we saw solicited a point and an "Ohhh" from Jacob: cantalope, corn, tomatoes, beets, jicama, grapes. Hi-larious.
Then as we drove home I asked him what he wanted for lunch.
"Do you want corn?"
"Yes." In a whisper.
"Do you want tomatoe?"
"Yes."
"Do you want avocado?" 
"Yes."
And that's what he had for lunch. The corn is cooking and I look over and he's taking a bit out of the tomato like an apple! 


Park in the pm. Fearless little boy loves climbing, sliding and copying all the bigger kids. Lovely. Mimi and Pop came home and we went back and made a delicious butternut chickpea stew with a great arugula and pear salad and asiago toasts.

Mimi and Pop said the winery was absolutely wonderful; beautiful area, great to see Mimi's old friend, very fascinating to see how the winemaking process went. They do dry farming, organic winemaking, all by hand. We paired one of the white wines, blanc du puits sec, with our soup and salad. Delightful. The wine was so smooth, light on our tongues. A special treat, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment