Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 11: A new friend

October 5, 2010

Jacob and I took our morning run today. My legs are sore from only two mornings of doing minimal exercise.... hmm.... 
We stopped at the park again where there was another mom and her boy. We got to talking and it turns out she lives two doors down. The best part, she seems really cool so far. She and her husband lived in Broomfield when they first got married and she didn't wan to leave there. But for work reasons they live where they do now. Karen. Andy is her husband and they have three kids, the youngest one is just a year older than Jacob. They were having a good time together while we went over the benefits and drawbacks of suburbia as well as other aspects of our lives. She also is a member of the gym here. Great! We stopped by her house on the way home and got a feel for how one of these poorly designed houses can feel more homey. She pointed out all her Ikea furniture and sung its praises. Fraser, Jacob and I will definitely be making a trip at some point. 

 Oh, blackberries! This afternoon, after a couple of errands, we took a little nature walk behind our house and picked some blackberries. I hadn't yet told Jacob that they were back there for fear he'd want to be back there the minute he woke up. He was very excited. We'd find a few then look for more. When we'd find more, he'd say, "Ohhh" really loud and point. So great. 

We also saw a couple garter snakes which startled me a bit. I tried not to let Jacob smell my fear. I don't want to give him my phobias. Garter snakes are fine and if he ever wants to pick one up, great. If he ever wants me to pick one up, I'll have to come up with a good reason not to. Or be a grownup about it and just do it. Hopefully he doesn't ask me for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment