Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 19: Chocolate covered doughnuts are my weakness

October 13, 2010

We found a local baked goods brand: Franz. I'm not sure what all they sell but we've had their bread, bagel and now, their chocolate covered doughnuts. Mmmmm..... Better than Enteman's which is what I usually pick when I can't hold out any longer. The cake part has a more real taste and the chocolate has this crispness to it between itself and the cake that pops a little in your mouth kind of like crisp rice but not that bold. It's delightful. They were on sale. I had to try them. They also have jelly filled, chocolate covered doughnuts (still with a hole in the middle), but that's going a bit too far, I think. Too far for my taste buds.

Morning walk/jog. Trying to find the balance between some exercise and not injuring my body more. I kind of feel that it's sore because it's not fit enough, though. Stopped at the park. Wet, wet, wet. Morning is not the time to go to the park, apparently, because it is soaked with dew. Even Jacob had no desire to go down the slides.

Getting some of the dinner prepared during his naptime now. I think this is what I have to do; prepare while he sleeps. Otherwise, he's falling apart oftentimes while we're cooking the dinner in the evening. Timing is hard. I'm working on getting better at having things ready when Fraser comes home so we can all eat together. That sounds very forty-housewife-ish but, what I've noticed the past couple of nights is that when Fraser has been out working his butt off all day, it makes me feel like my job taking care of the home and child is more of a job, and I want to do it better for all of us (that's a run-on). Kind of interesting, really. We'll see how it feels after weeks and weeks of it. 

Nice nap today, lunch around 2pm. Jacob peed on the potty again - twice, actually. Actual pee, not just three drops. Pretty cute. Also a pain in the butt because it makes the diaper changing process take at least twice as long. Alas... We were going to head to the pool at the gym but Aunt Julie called! She's back from her trip to Europe so we had to Skype. Sounds like it was an awesome time. It'll be fun to hear more soon.


Too late now for pool time so we went out to ride Jacob's bike and walk around. Quiet. So quiet. Even if people were home you'd have no way of knowing because all the garage doors are shut and nobody has their front door open. Sigh. Felt a bit lonely. Or bored. Had to rearrange my mindset, accept what we'd done with our day and what we were doing then. Went to the bike trail and looked for blackberries. That trail has more people on it. Definitely a nice space. Glad to have it. 

Home. Dinner. Jacob helped me make the whole thing. An experimental casserole: broccoli, cheese, chicken, rice, mushrooms. Not bad. Needs more cream of chicken soup, I think, for flavour. But overall, a nice combination of things. Jacob's favourite part - the mushrooms! He's obsessed with them, from before they go in to after they come out. I'm going to tell him this years later when he doesn't like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment