Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 20: Aqua Fit

October 14, 2010

This morning I was hemming and hawing about, wondering if I should go to the gym or not. This is an internal struggle lots of times for me. Not sure why. I know I need to get out of the house, I always feel better after I go, and yet I resist. What is the deal?! This morning I wanted to go to an water fitness class. It started at 8:30am which is also when the daycare opens so I was going to be a little late. That was freaking me out this am. I don't like walking into classes late, especially when I've never been to the class before; were there going to be too many people, would I need to get equipment and not know where it was, etc. etc. Enough! It's just walking in late, I told myself. This is not a big deal. Just jump into this silly fear and find out that it's not that bad. Right. We got dressed and headed out.

I did come in late, but just barely. I didn't need to get anything extra. And the class was fun. It was a bit upbeat for me for 8:30 in the morning - lots of fast, loud music and the instructor was more excited than I ever feel. Better that though than someone humdrum at 8:30 in the morning trying to get us to work out in a pool. Also, I was, by far, the youngest, fittest person in the class, which feels good sometimes. It's nice to be reminded that even though my body has it's issues and I see all the flaws, it's still young and in really good condition. And I want it to be that way for a very long time. Aqua Fit it is then. At the end of class, in the locker room, I was talking to one of the older ladies and she said, "Honey, I'm 79. Get in that pool. It keeps you going." :)

Picked up Mimi and Pop from the train station after Jacob's nap! Yay! Went to get a little lunch. Thai. Okay Thai. There is a lot of Thai around here. And back home. Karen was out with her little girl and another little friend riding bikes. Jacob lit up and brought out his bike to ride "with" them. 

We settled in and started talking about what we're going to do for the next two weeks while Mimi and Pop are here. How they can help, etc. It'll be great to get more stuff unpacked and organized and to have the help with Jacob. This moving business is not fun. Especially here where we feel so temporary. Some stuff is out, some isn't. It's hard to feel settled at all. Oh well. It is only day twenty after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment