Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 27: Great grey day

October 21, 2010

A more grey day today which was good for getting things done. Picked up the beater-mobile in the am, having fixed nothing on the long list of things that do need fixing sooner or later. I had a little alone time as Jacob rode back with Mimi and I drove my car. Stopped at BB&B for a mop and was home. Put the boy down for a nap but he was just up there singing to himself for awhile. I finally checked on him - poop. That's the only time it affects him; he won't sleep with poop. Go figure.

The rest of us got motivated while Jacob was sleeping. We hit the front room hard. Sewing stuff, games, pictures, blankets, markers.... we plowed through and moved a bunch of boxes out to the garage. Pop had some good ideas for furniture rearrangement. Now the room looks much more like a living space and no longer just a storage space. 

Leftover BBQ for dinner. Yesterday for Mimi's birthday, we'd gotten BBQ from a place in downtown Portland called Slabhouse BBQ. Great ribs. Good sides and pulled pork, too, but the ribs were the kicker. Delicious! Fall off the bone meaty goodness. 

I also booked a hotel for Saturday night in downtown Portland for me and Fraser. We're going to be down there for an event and figured now would be a great time to take advantage of grandparents being in town. It'll be my first time away from the boy. I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment