Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 10

October 4, 2010

Fraser's first day of work. He was a little nervous but also excited. I'm excited for him. I hope this job is fun for him. I was feeling a bit concerned yesterday about being on my own with Jacob all day. I didn't sleep great last night. And when Fraser said he'd probably be home around six I thought, wow, that's a long time with just me and Jacob. I've learned that you can't let those helpless feelings in, though. You have to acknowledge them and then say, but I know better. It'll be fine.


We went for a short jog on the bike path this morning. We went in one direction that dead-ended pretty quickly then backtracked to the park. 15 minutes. That was a good start after not being very active for a long while. Then we played at the park for awhile (saw a Western Scrub Jay - really pretty blue bird) before coming home for a little snack and naptime.

He took an amazing nap today - almost three hours!! If that were routine, my life would be so different. I'd actually be able to accomplish things. Ha! 
Went out for some errands after lunch: Target, Ross. More money on things; soaps, cleaners, things we couldn't bring with us in the move. Jacob was great. He helped me smell the different hand soaps and cleaners to determine which ones we should get. By the time we got home it was dinner time and Fraser was almost home.


Jacob powered through his dinner - half a bagel, an egg, one and a half hash brown patties and a piece of quesadilla. Amazing that he was that hungry and not complaining at all beforehand. The kid can be a total handful sometimes, but really, he's such an easygoing kid. And very smart. I wish had a recorder for all the little things he says during the day because by nighttime, I can't remember half of them. After dinner, he was playing with the Fisher Price house I had found in the garage. He brought me the table and I told him what it was. He goes back to the house and puts the lady in one of the little chairs and pushes the chair up to the table. Very carefully. Later he laid the woman down in bed. He'll also just drive his cars around on the garage toy or up the arms of the chair. It's so awesome to see his little brain thinking and making things up. That's something I am so thankful to be able to watch every day.


I think we're both having a bit of Gymboree withdrawal. He asked about it a couple times during our road trip and today after Fraser asked if he'd had a good time hanging out with me all day, he mentioned it again. "Gymboree," he said. "Mommy." I know he misses it. And I miss singing all the time! Of course, I sing to Jacob but I miss doing it with and for others. I'll have to look into some of the ones farther out from Beaverton.


This is the outfit Jacob picked for himself today. The shirt used to be Fraser's: "If you love me, don't feed me junk"









And we got some new slippers which he actually really seems to like. At least for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment