Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 184

March 29, 2011

Today was the first of two sad days of saying goodbye. People were slowly dropping off like flies. First Nick. Then Gigi and Dad. Now Matt and Julie. Sigh.... 

We decided not to leave until afternoon, so we got in a bit more sledding and hanging out in the am. We ended up all piled in Julie's bed, taking pictures of ourselves and not wanting to part ways. Eventually, though, the time came. 

My mom, Jacob and I left around 5:30 to drive back down state. Jacob was great, only fussing a bit toward the end about wanting to sit on my lap. Sadly, Nick and Amy were both out of town for work so, although we were staying at their place, we didn't get to see them again. 

Jacob went down around 10:30 while my mom and I stayed up playing cards and talking politics and religion (almost ended the vacation on a sour note but we pulled it back around). We were living in denial that I was leaving the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment