Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 201

April 15, 2011

First time in a long time when our taxes haven't been done by today. Thankfully, they aren't due until Monday. Fingers crossed that they'll be done by then or we'll be filing for an extension. Haha... The government doesn't know how to allocate our money very well anyway, in my opinion but we won't go there. This is not a political platform (usually).

It's been raining steadily for 48 hours at this point (I'm writing this in the evening). Most bizarre - a constant drizzling rain. I know, I know, that's Portland for you. But still, different than anything I've experienced before. I'll give it this, though, the trees around here are ridiculously green from mosses of all sorts. Driving around yesterday we went through Forest Park. Ridiculous! The green covering almost every aspect of these trees is neon green. Like when you have a glow in the dark something that emanates light from within. So cool. Even though it's grey skies and dreary cold rain, the forests are actually quite stunning. 

Went to the gym today which was nice. Just to get out of the house and into the hustle and bustle. Jacob likes to go to the basketball court after I pick him up. We did that today. I cannot express how adorable it is to see this little tiny body running around in this huge gymnasium. I love it. 

Third day in a row of no nap. I'm not letting it go yet. Just not willing to at this point. How can he be taking two hour naps every day and then, out of the blue, just take no rest at all during the day? That is so not okay with me. I laid down when he was having his "quiet time". After, he helped me patch his bug jammies. I was pretty proud of myself for sewing on some more fabric to the feet so his toe won't stick out anymore. Not hard, but I had to practice to overedge stitch first. Jacob really likes the sewing machine. I remember liking my mom's too as a kid. He wanted to help pin things, lift the needle up, do the reverse stitch. I had to tell him to hold up several times. 

Skyped with my mom, Nick and Amy this afternoon. That was really nice. Visiting for awhile, passing the time. Jacob liked to see them too.

Had an early bath because the poor little dude's butt was so sore. He pooped 7 times today, I think. We just hung out in the bathroom for probably 45 minutes. He loved it. 

No Daddy for bedtime again. Sad. I put Jacob to bed with his books and some music tonight. We got another CD/iPod stereo so Jacob can listen to music at bedtime. He really likes listening to something as he's going to sleep. I take a shower and come back to check on him. A few of his books are on the floor. There's one still off to the side of him and one next to him, still open. It reminded me of my mother when she falls asleep reading, the book on her chest. It makes me so happy and proud that Jacob likes to "read" so much. They are like his comfort objects; he has to take some to bed every night. What a sweetheart. 

Had a little quiet time to myself this evening for a nice meditation. Much needed. Very nice. Always good to regroup with the self.

No comments:

Post a Comment