Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 206

April 20, 2011

We went to the zoo in the am today. I just love watching Jacob explore how he likes to, relishing in newfound things, doing things over and over again. Having only one child, I have the luxury of letting him do this. I hope that once I have more kids, I can make time like this for them too. There are plenty of times in life where we do have to be somewhere at a given time but it's nice to have unstructured time too. A good thing for me to remember for myself.



We met up with some friends although by "meeting up" that mostly means we were all at the zoo at the same time. In theory I always think getting together like this will be great: the kids will all be interested in the same thing at some point and we moms will be able to hang out. In practice this is not what happens. Oh well. That's why we plan moms' nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment