Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 188

April 2, 2011

We decided this morning to get and about. We headed downtown for two things: use my Lush gift card that Julie gave us for Christmas and check out the Portland Saturday market.

Jacob didn't want to leave the house but we made him. First stop, Lush. How lovely to pick out such earth-friendly, wonderfully feeling and smelling products. The girl helping me demoed everything on me which was fun. Jacob got to see some fun things too, like a bath bomb. I ended up with some facial cleanser, toners and some moisturizer samples, natural deodorant two body massage bars. What a treat to get nice things for myself that make me feel special. My sister knows me too well; she knows I don't spend money on myself for things like that. I'm too practical. So she makes me. That's love for you.

We got into the car which Jacob did not want to do. He had a total scream fest and in the five minutes it took us to get to the market, he was asleep. A bit of jet lag, I guess, catching up with him. 

Second stop, Saturday Market. Well, of course by this time, it was rainy. It was also chilly and we did not have all the proper attire. We were okay but should've had warmer jackets or raincoats over our fleeces. Alas, it was neat anyway. Tons of vendors selling all sorts of cool things: art, carved wooden things, clothes, jewelry, etc. It was like the Boulder Creek Festival but apparently this one sets up every Saturday. We didn't stay long today. We had some tasty food, listened to a bit of bluegrass and headed home to put Jacob to bed. 

He took a three and a half hour nap!! Definitely tired. That's because he's back to getting up at 6 am. I'm hoping a bit of that is still time zone adjustment. In Michigan he was sleeping till 7 or 7:30 regularly. Which reminds me: I want to give a HUGE (delayed) thank you to my wonderful mother for getting up with Jacob every day of our trip. He slept in their bedroom, and my mom got up with him, hung out, fed him breakfast and clothed him before letting him come to get me up. What a treat!! What an amazing, fantastic, never experienced in the past two and a half years treat. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment