Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 211

April 25, 2011

"Simply ten good things"

having an entirely nice weekend
Jacob's face smiling when he sees me in the morning
ordering a new book 
meditation time for me
sunshine
book club
leftovers
a clean kitchen (once in a while)
writing in my journal
chocolate ice cream


I did have some lovely time to concentrate on me today. Always something moms struggle with, I think, due to the nature of our jobs and putting others first. I do know, though, that I am a better mom if I take care of myself. It's hard to make the brain take a break from the "I should do" list, but if I don't make myself, it's not likely that anyone else is going to do it for me. 


The book club meeting was also tonight which was wonderful. I always have such a nice time and wish it could meet more often (although I wouldn't be able to finish more than one book in a month). The group of women is varied and the conversation always interesting. We actually get to talk about more than just our kids. That topic comes up too, but it's refreshing to have a different kind of conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment