Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 210: Easter

April 24, 2011

Easter! Of course the first thing Jacob asked about when he woke up was if the Easter bunny had hidden his eggs. Thankfully, the Easter bunny arrived about 10 minutes before the boy woke up and hid all the eggs, plastic and real.

Jacob was more interested in the real ones he had dyed but eventually found the others as well. He got to the first one, opened it and said, "Candy in dere?" Hahah..... too many Easter stories at the library the other day. "No," I told him, "I think the Easter bunny knows you're still too little for candy. Probably next year." 

It's such a pain that so many of the holidays really center around candy and total junk food, making constant battles for parents like me who want to actually feed their children healthy food. I know I'm in the minority in this country, but come on! Just one more thing to learn - moderation.

We had a delicious ham for dinner (thank you, pig) that Jacob couldn't get enough of. Fraser actually picked up some chocolate ice cream at the store (Chocolate Fudge Brownie, to be specific); I'm waiting for after Jacob's bed time for that one.

I'll leave you with a quote that I find... thought provoking: "The most regretful people on earth are those who felt the call to creative work, who felt their own creative power restive and uprising, and gave it neither the power nor time." -Mary Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment