Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 193

April 7, 2011

Went to Jacob's favourite place today - the museum!! OMSI today. We'll hit up the Children's Museum next week with some other moms. 

Made it to the gym. It's been a little hard to motivate. I want to go but getting Jacob into it and all has been a little bit harder. It's just too easy for me to use him as an excuse not to go. But, it has been feeling good when I've gone. Except my first pilates class last Sunday. I thought I was going to die on Monday. Maybe not die, but something pretty close. All my muscles hurt and in weird ways; it hurt to breathe, to expand my lungs. Not comfortable. I didn't feel that the class was overly difficult, either. I guess I was more fit before my three week vacation than I even knew.

Made some yummy chicken piccata tonight. A Cooking Light recipe. And some parmesan potatoes and zucchini from Giada de Laurentis. I'm working on getting back into the cooking swing too. Overall, I'd say I'm enjoying it although I do get into slumps when I just want someone to tell me what to make. I've recently gotten out a Jamie Oliver book from the library and a Barefoot Contessa book. I'm hoping to be inspired as well as learn more about the craft in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment