Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 205

April 19, 2011

Feeling under the weather today. Not sure with what, just achy and not feeling good. Tried the good old Theraflu but had to call in the big guns in the end: Fraser. I definitely feel more stressed out by asking for his help with this new job. I know he's always busy there. But Jacob and I were struggling this morning. Mostly me. He was hanging in very patiently with his mama. We were both thrilled when Fraser was able to come home around lunchtime. I went to bed and Jacob had no problem with that one.

It's such a good feeling to know that everything is being taken care of while I'm sick. Oh, I don't mean everything, but everything that really matters right now - Jacob. Fraser was great. They played, Jacob took a great nap, they went to the park for awhile (it was actually sunny today). It makes being sick much more tolerable, even if I do feel a little guilty about not fulfilling my usual duties. But if I can't function well, I'm not much help anyway.

They finally came to get me around dinner time. Jacob told me all about what dinner was going to be - "mac an cheese and tunawish". He told me about playing at the park and that I had been sleeping. So cute. It gave me a little glimpse into what it'll be like someday when I'm not present for every single thing he does. It makes him seem so.... big.

No comments:

Post a Comment