Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 197

April 11, 2011

My friend Lauren from Boulder texted me this am asking to Skype. What a great help after a fairly bum weekend. It was nice to just talk and have her know me and Fraser and listen. I got to see her baby, Leah and she got to see Jacob. Not the last time I'll thank technology for giving us Skype. It's really the next best thing to being able to actually go over to her house and talk to her.

Brandin came over with her son, Preston, and Mael, one of the other mom's son. It was nice to have someone over to our place. I do have two different groups of friends: the moms group that is more Portland based and then the suburbs moms who are neighbours, gym members or book clubbers. Different people, all enjoyable.
Preston and Mael were also VERY good at sharing and hanging out. Jacob was interesting. He was a bit worried about his toys at times but also was more reserved than I'd expect. He wanted to be in my lap a lot kind of watching the boys. They would come over and give him a marble. I talked up the sharing a lot. How wonderful for him and for so much less stressful for me! 

Jacob fought nap time so when he asked Fraser to go to the park with him around 6:45 this evening, I said, go on! I got a half hour of quiet and they got some outdoor bonding time. The sun was shining nicely too which makes it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment