Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 59

November 23, 2010

The bit of snow we got caused the schools to close for the day, so my friend Karen called to say she was taking her kids to an indoor play place, Out of this World, and asked us to come along if we wanted. The place was pretty cool. Big, with lots of things for the kids to climb on: tunnels, slides, bumpy castles, plasma cars, a play kitchen for littler guys. Jacob had a good time hanging with the big kids and climbing on stuff. 

We tried to get all our stuff for Thanksgiving but couldn't make all the stops before naptime. Hopefully tomorrow morning won't be too busy.

Jacob helped me make some tasty corn chowder and corn bread for dinner. This place definitely makes me feel like I should be mastering my culinary skills, what with it getting dark at 4pm and not having much else to do in the evenings sometimes. It takes awhile for Jacob to wake up from his naps so I don't think I could just put him in the car and go to the gym in the pm, so we have to do something interesting at home. Sometimes, I run out of ideas. But we have to eat so it seems like something interesting to get more into. We'll see... I'm sure before I know it I'll be too busy to think about things like this. But while I'm not, it could be fun. And now I'm rambling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment