Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 45

November 9, 2010

Today the rain makes me want to: 
sleep
drink tea
scream
go shopping
eat
go crazy!

Really hard to motivate this morning. Jacob up at 5:30. Grey and rainy. I just want to go to Pottery Barn and walk around looking at all the holiday cheer and cozy blankets and furniture. Their advertising is working on me! We went to a toy store this morning instead. Not the best idea, but it had things for Jacob to do. Must get more creative if we're going to be here through the winter. 

I'm trying to decide what to get him for his birthday. I know I want to get him more play stuff for his kitchen but this is overwhelmingly difficult once you start looking online at all the oodles of choices. Do I make a cheap decision and get the chintzy, China-made bucket of 101 pieces or do I get fewer, more  quality pieces for more (or the same) amount of money? Do I make a moral decision and buy something not made in China? Do I buy wooden or plastic? Do I buy from the local toy store or Toys R' Us? Whoa. I'm really driving myself crazy with too many choices. He's not going to care at all. I could get so much stuff for him, though. This imagination stage is so fun. I'm thinking of going to Toys R' Us this afternoon which is probably the worst idea ever. I just want to be able to make a decision once I get there.

Random Jacob story: Yesterday he had a little spoon and was "licking off some food". I asked him what he was eating. Pause. "Ice cream," he says. Funny because he's never had ice cream. Then I ask what kind of ice cream: "Chocolate."

This pm. Decided that Toys R' Us today was not a good plan. Went to Karen's instead. Much better. Definitely have to find other things to do around here when the weather is crappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment