Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 53

November 17, 2010

A very fall day today: cold, grey, windy and rainy. It definitely feels like November. But it makes me feel cozy. Minus the rain, it's just like autumn in Michigan which I always found to be a peaceful and comforting time. The quietness of a cloudy sky in the early darkening evenings made me feel like the earth was getting ready for a long restful period. 

We went to the gym this morning. I got to do some exercising which felt great. I must say, having spent a decent amount of time in ladies' locker rooms, there is a certain enjoyment I find in being naked with other women or people in general. But with women, there's a commonality about it when people are naked together, reminding us that we're all human animals. Our bodies all differ slightly which is interesting in itself, but once you start looking at bodies just as bodies, it makes me feel more connected to others. My body isn't perfect and no one else's is either. I find that people are more modest here at this gym than the one in Boulder. More people walked around naked at my old gym. I kind of miss that.


Jacob helped me mop the kitchen floor before he had his lunch of six and a half potstickers. The kid was hungry! Hopefully he now takes a nice, long nap.

Success - two and a half hours he slept! Bliss. Hung out at home and listened to the rain. It was coming down like crazy out there all afternoon. Incredible. And vacuumed the whole house this evening - don't feel the need to do that again for another two months. Big spaces take so much longer to clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment