Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 40: Zoo Trip

November 3, 2010

The weather was supposed to be great today so I decided to check out the zoo. It was a bit windy but sunny and mild. 

The first part we explored was all about the Northwest. It simulated going from mountains to ocean, talked about the cycle of salmon. It was a really beautiful, wooded area which was lovely, especially early in the morning.



 We found some fun animals to climb on - the kind that don't bite. 

 We also stopped to see the lorikeets. For the  record, I am not a big bird person in situations like this. Oh sure, I like to see them in the wild and all that but when they're loud, screechy and flying at me from all directions, I'm not a fan. The things we do for our children.
This picture also looks like something out of a Costa Rica tourism book. Someone was done with her cup of nectar, passed it along and then someone else offered to take a photo. Honest.

I think the part Jacob liked most was watching the sea lion. It was pretty neat. Of course, he kept swimming in the same pattern, making me feel a bit sorry for him. Zoos have their ups and downs, I suppose. I don't know the history of this animal.

 We had a good time. Finally headed home, keeping Jacob awake in the car by talking about all the animals and pointing out buses or flags or whatever I could spot outside. He took a nap from 1 till 3:40! Sweeeeet....

Afternoon grocery expedition. Chinese for dinner from Chen's Dynasty. Enh. It was okay but my dish was nothing special. They also forgot my sauce which we didn't notice until the food was already at home. Grr... Easy mistake but frustrating nonetheless. Then Jacob had a total fit at dinner because Fraser ate a piece of chicken off his plate. Mind you, Jacob was not eating this chicken and did not have any intention (that we could see) on eating it. He wanted Fraser to spit it out which, we all know, doesn't work well once it's down the esophagus. Even after a long nap, I think he was still tired and thrown off his normal schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment