Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 55: OMSI

November 19, 2010

PT morning shuffle. Getting someone to take care of Jacob when I have an appointment like that can be a bit of a hassle. It all worked out in the end, but it makes me realize I should probably look into all my options.

This afternoon we met up with a friend of a friend's friend... hmm.. We went to OMSI - Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. The place is huge with a domed IMAX even which we all know are the only kind worth going to. There was a kid room, though, that was incredible. All sorts of little areas to explore: balls, sand, water, kitchen, art, blocks, animals. Wow! Super cool. We probably explored about a third of just that room. Jacob was in heaven - except when someone else wanted to take some of the balls. It was awesome. And the new friend, Patti and her little girl, Sophie, were great too! Even better. Sophie is the same age as Jacob which works out well. 

The worst thing about it: traffic. That and our GPS which, although handy at times, also is frustrating when it tells me to go the wrong way down one way streets! I think I'll keep my common sense with me as backup.

No comments:

Post a Comment