Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 57

November 21, 2010

We motivated this morning and tried to go on a hike this morning using a new hiking book that we got at REI the other day. It has lots of hikes in Forest Park, which is really close to us. We bundled up and headed out at the trailhead. It was beautiful. Sadly, Jacob was not into it. "No hiking," he said. I think he was cold. So, we headed back to the care after about 10 minutes. Oh well. I'm not happy when I'm cold, either. 

I went to Old Navy and got him some warmer pants. A jacket is probably soon to follow and I'll remember to put his mittens on too. Wet cold is much more permeating than sunny, dry cold.

Jacob helped me make a delicious butternut squash and beef stew. He especially like helping me cut up herbs with his own knife. 

I also went out with my friend Karen and one of her girlfriends which was fun. We had drinks and a little food. It was nice to be out of the house, first of all. And secondly to be hanging out with some ladies and feeling like I'm making friends. It can sometimes feel like a very slow process but it is happening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment