Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 50

November 14, 2010

Another morning to sleep in - oh, the joy! This time I actually got back to sleep and slept till 10 o' clock!! That has to be some sort of record. I impressed myself. Jacob and Fraser were having a nice morning together in front of another fire. Fraser had caved in and gone to the only restaurant we know of yet that's open early enough in the morning: IHOP. I had some leftovers (minus the pancakes). 


Got stuff ready for Jacob's little birthday party. It was very strange that it kept getting darker and feeling later and later, but knowing that we were having a gathering that started at this point in the day. The time change plus clouds is not the greatest combo. 


The party was definitely a bit.... different. Karen and Charlie came from down the street and our friends Janelle and Niul came also. Charlie was the only other kid but that was okay. He and Jacob had a nice time playing together and with Fraser. 


I was going to go for some chocolate brownies. Jacob really wanted sprinkles on whatever birthday cake he had. That was his one request when we asked him what he wanted for his birthday. Then I was at the store and saw a blueberry tart. I already had a $7 container of blueberries in my basket but traded it out for the $4 tart. Less work for me too than making brownies and not that I don't love eating brownies but I don't love where they end up when I eat them. 


So... I loaded the sprinkles on Jacob's tart. He loved it. He was so happy with the results. He wouldn't even look up at the camera to say cheese for the picture, he was so engrossed with sprinkles. And he ate the blueberries too.


Yum, yum!




Jacob and Charlie riding on Fraser. Jacob definitely got a bit jealous when Fraser spent some time with Charlie. It was pretty cute, actually, to see Jacob make a claim on his daddy.


Yay, Daddy! Giddy-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment