Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 238

May 22, 2011

Fortunately, the rapture didn't take everyone yesterday. I woke this morning with some light coming through the window, thinking, I hope I didn't oversleep. Ha! I looked at the clock - 6:35. Right. The best part - I got to go back to sleep. I did hear one of Kristen's cats meow at one point and my first thought was, Jacob's awake! The patterns your body gets trained into...

Two shows today, one at 2pm and one at 8. I was only staying for the first one. It was a relaxed morning of getting ready. The show went off really well. Afterwards, a group of us went out for some early dinner. Kristen's parents were in town for the weekend, too, and I had a chance to catch up with them also which was really nice. I had some Molly Moon's Ice Cream which is apparently a big Seattle favourite. It was delicious. I had the Sasquatch which was chocolate ice cream with caramel swirl, chocolate chunks and granola. Yum. And after an all too quick good-bye my short visit was done.

The drive back was even more lovely than the drive up, because it was sunny this time. Really beautiful. The sky was wide and open with mostly thin clouds here and there and the sun sending out streams of light as it headed toward the horizon. It reminded me of being... out west. I know, I know, I am out west. But I mean, it reminded me of my travels in the west, through Idaho, Montana, even Oregon when I was younger and that brought a familiar sweet melancholy with it. 

It was great to have to time away, to miss Jacob and Fraser, to have time for my own thoughts, to talk a mile-a-minute with an old friend. I'm glad I made the decision to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment