Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 235

May 19, 2011

Jacob and I had a nice morning. We went to an eye appointment for me. After the appointment, Jacob wanted to put a puzzle together. It was one we'd worked on before. I was glad to have time this am to just sit and do that with him for five minutes before going to the grocery store. It's really easy to get swept up in what we "have" to do (and sometimes we do) but it's nice to be aware of the times when we don't.

Then we actually biked to the gym! It was another beautiful day and the gym is so close it seems totally wasteful and silly to drive. So, I found a bike lock and a key (pretty amazing, actually) and we headed out. It was great. 

He had a super long nap today - 3 1/2 hours. This allowed me to organize our tools in the garage as well as have some time to read. Nice. 

And I gave Jacob a serious hair trim tonight. I do love his hair so much with all the curls. And, after yet another girl comment the other day at the zoo and with it looking so shaggy so quickly when I give him teeny trims, I decided to get a bit more drastic. "Don't cut Gacob's curlies," he said. I didn't cut it that short. We'll see how it looks tomorrow after tonight's hairwashing and non-combing routine. And, I must remind myself, it will grow back.

No comments:

Post a Comment