Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 230

May 14, 2011

I had wanted to get out of the house today but Jacob wanted none of it. So... as usual with kids, I had to rearrange my plans for the day. Instead, I decided to start making a picnic blanket. I'm using old sheets from my parents'. One could say "vintage". It's a fun and easy project and makes me think of my mom, and that makes me smile.

Fraser took the boy out on some errands. When they came back, Jacob had something for me - a belated birthday present. It was a beginning guitar book. The funny thing is just two days ago I almost mentioned to Fraser that I wanted to start looking at second hand stores for a guitar. I've just been feeling like wanting to have more music in our lives. A long time ago, I asked my dad for his beautiful, 12 string Martin but he wouldn't part with it, telling me that he was going to finally learn to play it. Well, that was about 8 years ago and that guitar hasn't been touched. A moment later, Fraser comes around the corner with an actual guitar for me! I couldn't believe my eyes!

Fraser said that I had mentioned something to him at some point in the not-too-distant past. Sometimes he surprises me with the things he pays attention to. This is a very good gift. I can't wait to trim my nails and get the calluses started!

Another present came in the mail too! I guess with the celebration of my birthday and Mother's Day in one weekend, it's nice to stretch the celebrating out. This gift was the newest Harry Potter. Oooh... I can't wait to watch it!
Jacob tonight while drinking some milk from the fridge: "Dis milk tastes like..... juice. Weird."

No comments:

Post a Comment