Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 222

May 6, 2011

I had the most lovely surprise this morning. Someone knocked on my door around 8:30, and it was a lady with an edible arrangement for me! A special birthday treat from my family. Jacob kept saying, "Special treat. Special treat. Mommy's birthday coming now." Pineapples, grapes, strawberries (some, chocolate dipped - I've been eating those first). It made me feel very special. And it's so tasty!

Skyped with Nick and Amy later in the day.  Jacob wanted to play out in the rain, so I put on his new frog raincoat and his frog rain boots. He was happy as a..... frog out there. Thankfully, because it's been raining a lot this spring. 

This evening I went over to Karen's house to watch a movie and hang out. It took until now for it to occur to me that this is an option - and a great one! Having a neighbour really close makes it so convenient to just go over and hang out once the kids are in bed. How fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment