Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 92

December 27, 2010


Ahh, Monday after a long holiday. What fun. Not too bad for me, though. I was tired, but Jacob and I got down to business doing some clean up around the house. Not the main present opening room. That can wait one more day. But the easier rooms. Great activity for Jacob: vacuuming. I gave him the tube and let him go to it. Fantastic.


We went outside to take a walk and for Jacob to ride his bike. It wasn't raining when I suggested it but by the time we got out there it was sprinkling. But Jacob would not be deterred - "Ride da bike!" I figured this was the universe showing me that it's just rain and to get over it. So, we went out. Didn't phase him at all. We biked up the block and back looking at things like drains, rocks and such. It felt a bit dreary to me, though, being all grey, rainy and quiet with no one around. Nicer to be in the house at this point. 


In the evening we played with Jacob's teeny dice. Back story: In Traverse City this past summer, Julie had some teeny tiny dice and kept them in a little container like you get from gumball machines, the ones that give out little rings and other trinkets in little cases. He was obsessed. I got him some little dice but have had them put away mostly. Nick and Amy sent him a little container for them so I brought them out tonight. He was mesmerized. In the little  container, out of the container. Back and forth, back and forth. He held the container with one hand and put them dice in one by one. Then he'd dump them back out or in my hand. He has incredible fine motor coordination. He then got the idea to build a tower of rings (but not on the ring post) and drop the dice down in the hole. We even got out his flashlight to look at them once in there. Forty five minutes, at least. I'm not joking or exaggerating. I should've had a book with me! 


At bed time he brought the dice up again. We had to look at them, tell them goodnight and I told him he could play with them tomorrow. Too funny. It's the simple things in life. Truly. 
Speaking of bed time, he's been up there for almost an hour and just now sounds quiet. His brain is just going to town these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment