Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 84

December 19, 2010


Went to the gym today, without Jacob. He struggled the whole time I was gone, saying, "Me, now. Me, now." Sigh. The life of a mother. On one hand, it's a huge compliment and totally natural and expected. I know this time will fly by and I want to cherish every moment. On the other hand, it would also be nice, occasionally, to be able to go somewhere for myself, just for an hour! Alas.

He's been talking in his sleep sometimes, also. The things that have disturbed him during the day come back to him in his sleep. The other day after the museum when he was playing with his favourite ball contraption he was saying in his sleep, "Gacob, balls. No. Gacob, balls!" And today, it was, "Me, now. Me now." Kind of sad but also appropriate that he's processing the trials and tribulations of life. They only get more complicated so it's a good skill to possess, I reckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment