Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 73

December 7, 2010

Definitely sore from yesterday's class. Nice. It feels good. And my knees actually feel great which is amazing, actually. 


Play date this morning. This house was in NE Portland and totally the kind of house I envisioned living in when thinking about moving to Portland. Totally reminded me of my aunt and uncle's house. Old. Big, spacious rooms with tall ceilings. Wooden floors. Big windows. And it had that great natural smell to it when people keep all their food in glass jars and have organic everything. I love that smell. And that feel. The whole neighbourhood was like this. Sadly, we cannot live that far from Fraser's work. It'd be an hour commute, at least probably. There'd be no point in him having children because he wouldn't see them but on the weekends. Also, the hard part about those houses is that they usually need more maintenance which I've learned from experience we cannot do with a child and might not have money for. This family also obviously has a knack for decorating because the house had a definite artsy feel to it which I totally envy but cannot recreate for the life of me. 

The play date was super fun, though. Good food, a white elephant exchange and some Christmas craft time for the kids. Such a nice group of ladies. I'm so glad to be in a group so quickly and more and more feeling like I'm getting to know people. It was a very nice morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment