Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 89: I'm an aunt!

December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve and my sister-in-law had her baby! I've been an aunt on Fraser's side of the family but this is the first time on my side. It fees a bit different when your sibling has the baby. Or at least his wife, in this case. It's rather surreal. I talked to my brother briefly, getting the important details: little Charlie is 7 lbs 3 oz, Nicole is doing well, everyone is healthy and happy. After hanging up, I thought of all sorts of other things to ask. Later, later. I remember basking in the tired and exciting delirium of post birth. I can't wait to see pictures :)

Relaxed day. In the evening, Jacob and I took a nice long drive to look at Christmas lights. Lots of lights around here. Lots of blow up creatures: Santas, snowmen, Rudolph, even a penguin popping out of an igloo. Very fun. 



We told him that he should put out a cookie for Santa and a glass of milk. This excited him. He picked out a blue cookie, and we put it by the tree. He was talking about it as I got him into his pajamas. We read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. What a sweetheart. We'll see what tomorrow is like for him. Exciting for me to think about his reaction and his experience. It also feels different being on this end of things: telling him about Santa, putting out cookies and milk with him, putting presents under the tree. Sure, this is technically his third Christmas but really, it's the first one where he's aware of what is happening. Therefore, it's our first Christmas of really doing special things. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment